Online ETA application has referred you to the Australian High Commission
Some applications for Electronic Travel Authorities (ETAs) cannot be approved over the internet due to checks required by the Australian Government. If you application for an ETA was lodged online or through a travel agent, and has not been approved, you will need to provide further information.
You must send the following information by email to email@example.com. Please do not approach the High Commission in person.
ETA Application Requirements
- Completed ETA Additional Information Request Form (click here to download the form); and
- A copy of the ETA applicant’s passport biodata page (the page with the passport holder’s details and photo) and passport observation page; and
- A copy of the screenshot of the ETA referral screen (if available).
Additional supporting Documents
The Department also requires you to provide additional information to determine that you genuinely intend to visit Australia for tourism or business visitor purposes. You are required to provide:
1. A statement and itinerary regarding your intended stay in Australia. Please include evidence of any arrangements made (if any).
2. A list of your immediate family members (including full names and dates of birth), indicating which of these family members will be travelling with you.
3. Please provide details of other travelling companions or people accompanying you on the trip other than family members. Please include their full name and date of birth.
4. Provide details of all family, friends and contacts in Australia. Please include their full names and dates of birth. Please indicate if they are Australian citizens or permanent residents. If not, please indicate visa status and reason for their stay in Australia.
5. Evidence of your employment. This should be:
a. A statement from the employer that indicating your annual salary and that you have approved leave for your travel to Australia, or
b. If you and/or your sponsor are self-employed, business registration documents and financial records for the business (such as bank statements).
If you are not employed, please provide other evidence of your financial capacity or evidence from the person who supports you (including evidence of your relationship with that person).
6. Bank statements showing at least the previous two months’ transactions. Please include all bank accounts that you and/or your sponsor hold.
You must e-mail a complete application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will notify you by email once a decision is made on your ETA application. Processing times are currently two weeks.