Security and IT Manager
The Australian High Commission in Kuala Lumpur invites applications from Australian citizens for the position of Security and IT Manager which is a current vacancy.
The role of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) is to advance the interests of Australia and Australians internationally. This involves strengthening Australia’s security, enhancing Australia’s prosperity, delivering an effective and high quality overseas aid program and helping Australian travellers and Australians overseas.
The department provides foreign, trade and development policy advice to the Australian Government. DFAT also works with other Australian government agencies to drive coordination of Australia’s pursuit of global, regional and bilateral interests.
The terms of employment will be in accordance with the Kuala Lumpur Based Terms and Conditions of Employment, including salary and other benefits. The Fair Work Act of Australia 2009 will not apply to the employment of the successful candidate. The successful applicant’s employment will be regulated by the laws of Malaysia.
Employment will be offered on a contract basis for an initial one-year period with the possibility of renewal, at the LE6 Level with an annual salary package of MYR 115,140 to MYR 124,608. In addition, a further MYR 7,800.00 may be paid monthly upon successfully attaining a secret security clearance. Salary will include medical, superannuation and other benefits. Continued employment is subject to successful completion of a six (6) month probation period.
The Australian High Commission in Kuala Lumpur will not be responsible for any costs incurred on relocation or accommodation arrangements, nor the return of the successful applicant to their country of origin at the end of the contract. A medical examination, referee and probity checks, including the successful candidate’s evidence of entitlement to work in Malaysia will be required prior to commencing duty with the High Commission.
The Security & IT Manager manages and provides all Security and ICT related services, in coordination/consultation with DFAT Canberra, to various agencies within the High Commission under agreed Service Level Agreement standards.
Tasks and Functions
The key responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the security services of the High Commission, Official and staff residences and undertake and prepare the residential security inspection reports.
- Lead, guide and direct the High Commission’s Security Section, including the contracted security guarding personnel and Malaysian diplomatic police assigned to the mission.
- Prepare the Post Security Instructions, Emergency Procedures, Personal Security Awareness Briefing Notes, and Standard Operating Procedures for security at the mission and other relevant security documentation and procedures.
- Oversee the regular review/update of Crisis Action Plans, contingency and security plans for ANZAC commemorative events, and contribute to the review of the Travel Advice.
- Provide advice on security for high level visits to Malaysia and prepare security plan/s.
- Advise on fire safety procedures, liaison with local fire services, briefings to all personnel, and drills.
- Set priorities and allocate human and financial resources in order to deliver effective security and IT services.
- Manage and report on post security budgets.
- Manage the post security contracts with commercial service providers, including those for static guards.
- Manage the deployment, use and maintenance of chancery technical and physical security equipment.
- Manage the IT services team.
It is expected that the successful applicant will fulfil the following criteria in relation to the above duties:
- Fluent in English with highly developed written and oral communication skills. Very good interpersonal skills. Proven ability to deal with a wide range of clients, cultures and expectations.
- Demonstrated sound judgement, proven organisational skills and ability to solve problems, act flexibly, determine priorities and a proven ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Ability to manage a small but diverse team to deliver results and also ability to work as an individual, and as a member of a team, with minimal supervision;
- Proven ability to provide advice to management, clients and stakeholders on all aspects of operational security and information technology management;
- Demonstrated experience working in security, including managing contracted service providers
- Must have, or be eligible for, an Australian National Security Clearance.
Hold a valid Malaysian or international drivers licence.
Security designated position
It is requirement that the applicant is an Australian Citizen and should possess a current Australian National Security clearance or must be willing to undergo vigorous security checks necessary to obtain the required security clearance.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
The High Commission recruitment decisions are made on the basis of merit and we do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, age, race, ethnicity, sexual preference, religion or disability. Our employees enjoy equity and fairness in the workplace, opportunities for professional development, and support to balance their work and private lives.
To work at the Australian High Commission, it is a requirement to hold a work permit/visa. The High Commission will facilitate the necessary work authorisation for the work permit/visa process for the successful applicant. The successful candidate is responsible for his/her travel and accommodation arrangements. The work permit/visa is only applicable to the successful applicant. Family members and dependants are not included.
Once the permission is granted by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Malaysia) for the successful candidate to work in Malaysia, the employment can commence immediately thereafter. Following commencement the High Commission will lodge the necessary paperwork for the application for the work permit/visa. This may take up to a month.
Please note, this position is open to Australian citizens only.