How well do you know Australia?!
In the lead up to Australia Day on Thursday, 26 January 2017, the Australian High Commission, Kuala Lumpur will be holding an Australia Day Quiz to test your Australian knowledge!
Prizes for the Quiz include two return economy flights from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia to Sydney, Australia courtesy of Air Asia X Berhad worth RM10, 400.
There will also be six health screening vouchers, covering 32 pathology tests courtesy of Gribbles Pathology (M) Sdn Bhd, to be won each day. These vouchers are worth RM72 and include full blood examination, renal function test, liver function test, diabetic screen, lipid studies and urine FEME - perfect for a healthy kick start in 2017.
We invite all Malaysian citizens or permanent residents aged 18 or over to enter.
Read on to learn more.
(photo credit: Tyler Nienhouse; CC. BY 2.0)
HOW IT WORKS
The Australia Day Quiz will run from Monday, 9 January 2017 to Tuesday, 31 January 2017 on our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/AusinMalaysia).
Each day, at 8.00am (Malaysia time), we will post one question testing your Australian general knowledge and sports trivia. Participants have until 4.00pm (Malaysia time) that day to answer the question.
All you have to do to enter is:
- Follow us on our Facebook page by clicking the ‘Like’ button below our cover photo; and
- Answer the question by commenting on our post.
Entry is free
Answer as many questions as you like. The more questions you attempt, the greater your chance of winning a prize.
The first six people* who comment on each question with the correct answer will win a health screening voucher from Gribbles.
But don’t worry if you don’t get in quick enough, at the end of the competition, all correct answers will go in the draw to win the grand prize of two return economy tickets from Kuala Lumpur to Sydney, courtesy of Air Asia X.
We will reveal the winners of the Gribbles vouchers, together with the correct answer, on our Facebook page each day after 4.00pm (Malaysia time), unless it is a weekend in which case the winner will be revealed after 4.00pm (Malaysia time) the next business day.
We will reveal the winner of the grand prize on our Facebook page on or after Tuesday, 31 January 2017.
* Daily Prizes may only be won once per participant. If a participant has already won a Daily Prize, then the prize will go to the next person after them to correctly answer the question and so forth. However, all correct entries (including by Daily Prize winners) will go into the draw for the grand prize.
(Photo credit: Nikki Mannix, CC. BY. 2.0)
WHO CAN ENTER
To be eligible for the quiz, you must:
1. Be a Malaysian citizen or Malaysian permanent resident;
2. Be aged 18 or over as at the date of entering the Quiz; and
3. Follow us on our Facebook Page.
If you have any questions about the Quiz, please email us on email@example.com or private message us on our Facebook page.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING THE AUSTRALIA DAY QUIZ.
1. The Australia Day Quiz (“Quiz”) is organised by the Australian High Commission, Kuala Lumpur (“AHCKL”).
2. These terms and conditions establish the parameters under which you are entitled to participate in the Quiz. By entering the Quiz, you confirm you have read, understood and agree to abide by, these terms and conditions.
3. Subject to paragraph 4 below, the Quiz is open to all Malaysian citizens and Malaysian permanent residents who meet the following criteria:
a. are aged 18 or over as at time of entering the Quiz: and
b. follow AHCKL on its Facebook Page (www.facebook.com/ausinmalaysia).
4. Employees of AHCKL or its attached agencies and/or their immediate family members may not enter the Quiz. Immediate family member means spouse, defecto partner, children, grandchildren, parents, grandparent and/or siblings (and their spouses).
5. AHCKL reserves the right to verify the eligibility of each entrant and to exclude and/or disqualify participants if they:
a. do not meet the requirements set out in paragraph 4 above;
b. breach these terms and conditions; and/or
c. are in AHCKL’s view, likely to bring AHCKL into disrepute.
6. The Quiz will run from 8.00am (Malaysia time), Monday, 9 January 2017 to 4.00pm (Malaysia time), Tuesday, 31 January 2017 (“Quiz Period”) and will be conducted on AHCKL’s Facebook page.
How to Enter
7. Entry to the Quiz is free.
8. To enter the Quiz, participants must answer questions, which will be posted on AHCKL’s Facebook page throughout the duration of the Quiz Period.
9. One question will be released at 8.00am (Malaysia time) each day of the Quiz Period on AHCKL’s Facebook page. Participants have until 4.00pm (Malaysia time) that day to answer the question.
10. Answers must be submitted by commenting on AHCKL’s post announcing the question.
11. Participants are only entitled to submit one answer per question, but can answer as many questions as they like throughout the Quiz Period.
12. Answers will be deemed to be accepted once published on AHCKL’s Facebook page. AHCKL will not be responsible for any answer which is lost, late, incomplete or otherwise not received by AHCKL for any reason, including telephone connection failures, internet failures and disruptions, and ISP problems.
13. The correct answer will be posted by AHCKL on its Facebook page after 4.00pm (Malaysia time) each day of the Quiz Period.
14. Unless otherwise specified, AHCKL will not be responsible for any costs Participants incur in entering this Quiz.
15. The following prizes (“Prize(s))” are available to be won in the Quiz:
a. Grand Prize: two (2) return economy tickets from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia to Sydney, Australia courtesy of Air Asia X Berhad (“Air Asia”). The Grand Prize is valid from March 2017 to August 2017 and is exclusive of taxes and other fees. The winner of the Grand Prize will be reimbursed for the cost of these taxes by AHCKL.
b. Daily prize: health-screening vouchers, courtesy of Gribbles Pathology (M) Sdn Bhd (“Gribbles”), entitling the holder to 32 pathology tests at any Gribbles Pathology Laboratory in Malaysia, including full blood examination, renal function test, liver function test, diabetic screen, lipid studies and urine FEME. Each Daily Prize is worth approximately RM72 and is valid until 31 January 2018.
16. The Prizes are given "as is" without any warranty, and are not transferable or exchangeable for cash.
17. The Prizes are subject to the terms and conditions imposed by Gribbles or Air Asia (as applicable) and must be redeemed by the winner directly with those entities. AHCKL will not be responsible, or intervene in, any dispute between the Participant and Gribbles or Air Asia (as applicable).
18. In the event the stated Prizes are, for any reason, unavailable, AHCKL reserves the right to substitute them with an alternative prize, without prior notice. AHCKL will make best endeavours to provide alternative prizes of an equivalent value.
19. Unless otherwise specified in these terms and conditions, the Prize winner and not AHCKL, will be responsible for any costs which may be associated with the award, acceptance, receipt or use of the Prizes, including the cost of making necessary travel arrangements to redeem the Grand Prize.
How Prize winners are selected
20. Subject to paragraph 22 below, the participants who submit the first six (6) correct answers to each question will win a Daily Prize.
21. If a participant has previously won a Daily Prize, they will be excluded from winning another Daily Prize during the Quiz Period. However, winning a Daily Prize does not preclude a participant from going in the draw to win the Grand Prize.
22. In the event one (1) of the first six (6) correct answers to a question is submitted by a person who has already won a Daily Prize, that Prize will revert to the participant who submitted the next quickest correct answer and so on.
23. All correct answers submitted throughout the Quiz Period (including by Daily Prize winners), will be eligible to go in the draw to win the Grand Prize.
24. The winner of the Grand Prize will be drawn randomly by AHCKL from all correct entries submitted during the Quiz Period, following the conclusion of the Quiz Period.
25. AHCKL’s decisions as to the winners of the Prizes shall be final and AHCKL will not enter into any further correspondence in this respect.
26. In the event it is discovered after selection of a Prize winner that they do not meet the Quiz eligibility requirements or if they are subsequently disqualified by AHCKL, AHCKL will have the right to re-select a winner in accordance with these terms and conditions.
How winners will be notified
27. Daily Prize winners will be published by AHCKL on its Facebook page after 4.00pm (Malaysia time) each day during the Quiz Period by ‘tagging’ them in AHCKL’s post, unless it is a weekend, in which case the Daily Prize winners will be published by AHCKL on its Facebook page after 4.00pm (Malaysia time) on the next business day.
28. The winner of the Grand Prize will be published on AHCKL’s Facebook Page on or after Tuesday, 31 January 2017 by tagging them in AHCKL’s post.
29. AHCKL will also notify each Prize winner on Facebook Messenger within two business days of publishing the result. At this time, AHCKL will also seek their details (name, age, Malaysian state of residence)(“Personal Details”) and contact details, to organise collection of the Prizes.
30. Prize winners must provide the Personal Details and contact details within five (5) business days of the request by AHCKL. If the winner fails to provide AHCKL with the requested details within this timeframe, they will forfeit their Prize and AHCKL reserves the right to select another winner, in accordance with these terms and conditions.
31. For the avoidance of doubt, all correspondence will be deemed to be successful once recorded as sent by AHCKL and once received by AHCKL on its Facebook Page and/or computer records.
32. Apart from as specified in paragraphs 28 to 30 above, AHCKL will not be obliged to issue any reminder or further notification regarding the collection of the Prizes.
33. Each participant is required to notify AHCKL immediately if there is any update to their Personal Details, contact details or Facebook account details.
Collecting the Prizes
34. Unless otherwise agreed, all Prizes will be sent electronically to each Prize winner using the contact details provided by the winner. For the avoidance of doubt, all Prizes sent electronically will be taken to be delivered once sent by AHCKL, as evidenced by AHCKL’s computer records.
35. Prize winners may be required to show their IC, Passport, Driving License or other appropriate form of photo identification, in order to redeem their Prizes.
36. No correspondence regarding these terms and conditions will be entertained. AHCKL reserves its rights to determine an outcome and act as it deems fit in any dispute(s) and/or issue(s) relating thereto.
Privacy and intellectual property
37. Each Quiz participant grants AHCKL the right to use his/her Personal details, likeness, comments and/or Quiz content for promotional purposes without payment of additional consideration, except where prohibited by law. This includes but is not limited to announcing the result of the Quiz or publishing Prize winners on AHCKL’s Facebook page or website (http://malaysia.highcommission.gov.au/klpr/home.html).
Indemnity and limitation of liability
39. Each Quiz participant agrees to indemnify, release and hold harmless AHCKL from any liability, damages, losses or injury resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from that person’s participation in the Quiz and the acceptance, use or misuse of any Prize that may be won.
40. To the extent permitted by law, AHCKL is not liable for any direct, special, indirect or consequential damages, or any other damages of any kind, including but not limited to losses of revenue, goodwill or reputation, or computer viruses, arising in relation to a person’s participation in the Quiz.
41. AHCKL is not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of the Quiz, including but not limited to, errors in any publishing of these terms and conditions, selection or announcement of any winner, or distribution of any Prize.
42. AHCKL reserves the right to vary, amend, delete or supplement any of these terms and conditions, at any time, in its sole absolute discretion and without prior notice and a participants’ continued participation in the Quiz amounts to acceptance of these revised terms and conditions.
43. Participants should ensure they check AHCKL’s website on a regular basis for any changes. If a Participant does not agree to a change, they may withdraw from the Quiz by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
44. Failure to enforce any of these terms and conditions by AHCKL in any instance(s) does not constitute any waiver by AHCKL of its rights which shall be expressly reserved.
45. If, for any reason, any aspect of the Quiz is not capable of being run as planned, including by way of a computer virus or causes beyond the control of AHCKL, AHCKL reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Quiz, at its sole discretion. In the event of such cancellation, termination or modification, AHCKL may at its absolute discretion elect not to award any Prizes in respect of this Quiz.
Australia Day 2017 Corporate Partners