In keeping with the Malaysian Government’s announcement on the implementation of a total lockdown, where only essential economic and service sectors are permitted to operate, all passport services will be suspended from 1 to 14 June 2021.
The High Commission may consider urgent passport requests on a case by case basis.
If you have an urgent passport request, please call us on +603 2146 5575 or email [email protected]
In keeping with the Malaysian Government’s announcement on the implementation of a total lockdown, where only essential economic and service sectors are permitted to operate , the Australian High Commission will not be providing notarial services until further notice.
We apologise for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.
Appointment bookings are required for passport applications and notarial services. Clients without an appointment will only be seen in exceptional circumstances. Appointments can be booked here. Appointments are not required for passport collections.
Clients should arrive 5 minutes prior to appointments for security screening. If you arrive late for your appointment you may need to wait until an officer is available.
Bookings can be made 2 months in advance. We request that you do not book more than one appointment. Refer to your notification email if you need to amend or cancel your appointment (see example below).
Please ensure you select the correct type of service when you make the appointment. If you select the wrong service, we may not be able to help at your appointment time.
The Australian High Commission in Kuala Lumpur introduced online passport and notarial appointments in 2017 for the following reasons:
- provide a better service to clients by reducing wait times
- balance demand for our services throughout the week from peak periods
- increase the efficiency of passport and notarial services so that we can increase and improve services e.g. increase appointments for land transfers
Appointments are available for the following services:
- Passport applications - adult and child
- Notarial Services - including certification, land transfer/mortgage, apostilles and authentications, witnessing signature on driver's licence renewal form, power of attorney, Affidavits/Oaths/Affirmations, Commonwealth and State/Territory Statutory Declarations, Notice of Intended Marriage, Certificate of No Impediment to Marriage
Appointments are not required/available for the following services:
- Passport collections – please attend the High Commission from 9:00am to 4:00pm, Monday - Friday, except observed public holidays.
- Australian passport enquiries - please email or phone the High Commission
- Emergency passport applications please visit here
How to book your appointment
To book appointments please visit here
Steps to booking:
- Select your desired service.
- You will automatically be forwarded to the next available appointment. You may select a date or time between 1 day and 2 months in advance. First select the date on the calendar and then choose the time. This will default to the next available appointment.
- Enter your information. We ask you to list an email address and a phone number so that you can receive appointment reminders and we can contact you if necessary.
- Agree to our cancellation policy. If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please refer to instructions below. Cancellations and reschedule can be made 24 hour in advance.
- Attend the High Commission at your designated booking time.
Cancelling or rescheduling an appointment
You will receive an appointment cancellation/modification link each time you book an appointment at the High Commission. The High Commission sends email notifications when an appointment is booked. It will appear as per below:
If you want to cancel an appointment, please click the "Cancel Appointment" link and you will receive a message on a new tab asking you to confirm cancellation.
If you want to modify an appointment, please click the "Reschedule" link. You will receive a message on a new tab allowing you to reschedule your appointment.
If you require assistance, please email us at [email protected]
In Malaysia, fees are payable in Malaysian Ringgit only.
Fees must be paid by Visa or MasterCard. Cash and cheques are not accepted.
Fees vary month to month and subject to change based on the current exchange rate.
Up-to-date fees are available here.
Please ensure that documents relating to the notarial services you require from the Australian Government / Embassy / Consulate are presented in the correct from and that you provide the correct instructions for the notarial service you require.
If you are unsure of the legislative requirements relating to the notarial service, you should seek independent legal advice. Please note that neither the Australian Government nor the Australian Embassy / High Commission / Consulate in Post / Country guarantees the legal effectiveness of the notarised document or the accuracy of its content. Fees paid for notarial services are non-refundable.
The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade is not responsible for any loss or damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the online appointment booking system. The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade reserves the right to omit, suspend or edit all information and/or services provided at any time in its sole discretion without giving any reason or prior notice. You are responsible for keeping apprised of all information and/or services provided in this booking system.