Australian High Commission

Driving in Malaysia

Conversion of Australian Driver’s Licence

The Consular Section can still issue the letter for drivers licence conversation in Malaysia, however please ensure seek advice from local authorities to confirm if this letter will be accepted.

 Before the High Commission can issue the letter, you are required to provide the High Commission with a letter confirming your driving licence details from the State and Territory Motor Vehicles Authorities (MVA) who issued your licence. You may also obtain this document online if online services are available. We will only accept a letter issued within 6 months. 

 The letter is commonly known as Confirmation of Driver Licence Details/Traffic History and it should contain information as below:

1.            Name
2.            DOB
3.            Address
4.            Licence Category
5.            Place of Issue
6.            First Issued / Date of Effect:
7.            Licence No

In summary, we will need a document with your driving licence details on an official letter head from the issuing authority. Original licence must be presented along with this letter.

This service is available by appointment only. Please click here to make an appointment when you are ready.