Australian High Commission

International Driving Permits

International Driving Permits

An International Driver\'s Permit is not a licence - you must also have a current Australian licence.


IDP Authorities

To obtain an International Driving Permit (IDP), please contact the relevant IDP authority in your state.

New South Wales
NRMA City Branch

RACQ Ltd.(Royal Automobile Club of Queensland Limited)

RACV(Royal Automobile Club of Victoria)

South Australia
RAA(Royal Automobile Association of South Australia, Inc)

Western Australia
RAC(Royal Automobile Club of Western Australia (Incorporated)

RACT(Royal Automobile Club of Tasmania Limited)

Northern Territory
AANT(Automobile Association of Northern Territory Inc)
Tel:(08) 8981 3837